Re: thinking about moving from rack to laptop...advice please!

thanks for the detailed reply per...i hadn't even considered the sound quality issues

having played around with bidule for a bit, i can see the power of it, but man you need a degree just to set up a midi metronome (watched the vid on vimeo). it's not really that "user friendly", is it?

i don't really need clever routing options...but i do need sensible cpu usage, ease of external control and the ability to run a ton of stuff at once without it falling over

i know exactly what i want to achieve, so i'll check out mainstage a bit more and see if it appeals...

sim

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Simeon Harris
<simeonharris40@googlemail.com> wrote:
> i'd like ot be able to kinda recreate this lot in a laptop
>
> so my questions are - will i be able to set up a bunch of plugins on one
> midi channel and put the loopers on other channels, so i can control
> everything the way i am now

Yes, that would be perfectly possible in general although maybe not in
every detail.......