Re: thinking about moving from rack to laptop...advice please!

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Jeff Larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com>
wrote:

> It's more like VST parameter automation in a DAW, the plugin never
> gets MIDI directly.  This is kind of annoying for complex plugins
> (like say multi-track loopers) because you have to expose a bajillion
> AU parameters and actions to make the most of Mainstage.  This is all
> redundant if the plugin also needs to respond to MIDI for the
> "primitive" hosts like Bidule.

Yes, I will concur with Jeff that this is definitely annoying :)

And then there's hosts like Live which arbitrarily decide to limit the
number of exposed parameters to around 100, no matter how many the
plugin may really have (a bajillion).

jlc