Re: blech (pedal choices)

Hi Jeff
I'm interested in getting a stereo looper with midi sync, preferably a
pedal, but not happy with those on the market.

I currently use a EHX SMMH and while it's a lot of fun and good at what
it does, there's no accurate way to set the tempo other than by tap or
analogue dial without any BPM readout which means it inevitably drifts
away from the timing of my other effects.
Midi sync is very important to me now.

With the 2880, because it doesn't have tap tempo, and the tempo fader
doesn't have an LED read out giving an accurate BPM, theres no choice
for me but to slave it to another midi sync source.
I've read reviews  saying that if you have the 2880 slaved to a midi
sync source, after recording the first loop when you immediately
overdub, the loop playback slows down and speeds up the first time
through which is simply unacceptable.  Another review said the same
thing, so you have to stop the 2880 before overdubbing, again
unacceptable.
What's your experience of the 2880 midi sync slaved?
Thanks in advance.
-- G.