RE: Anyone into multi (frequency) band panning?

That's facinating, Per. I will be looking into this myself.

Ricky

-----Original Message-----
From: Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
Sent: 10 June 2009 09:10
To: Loopers-Delight <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Anyone into multi (frequency) band panning?

Hi,

I was just thinking about the option of slapping a multi frequency
band panner on the main looper output (since the Mobius AU doesn't yet
support separate track outputs) and was wondering if someone has
experimented with this?

I have been the object for frequency band limited panning
experimentation in a surround live setting once (18 speaker channels
in all directions except under the floor), but within my own looping
rig I have so far only used the isolation of multiple frequency bands
for compressing and EQ purpose and to add less reverb to lower
frequencies. Who knows, maybe multi band panning applied to the summed
master output is even better than my PC set-up that uses panning on
each loop track output?

No time for building this now though, hence the interest in hearing
about other's experiences.

OT but somewhat related:
For distortion I have had great experiences from isolation multiple
frequency bands - as with Logics Phase Distortion and the plug-in
Predatohm from Ohmforce. But this is a different topic, so please
change subject line if you want to talk about distortion.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com