Re: Augustus Loop, Little Spacy and Crossfade Loop Synth (was RE: Antwerp Loopfest - video)

Per Boysen wrote:

>> Btw: the manual says "You can play notes from the effect over MIDI,
>assuming
>> your host application supports this (not all hosts allow passing notes
>> effects, only to synths)."
>
> Maybe the reason you can't get this feature to work is that you have
> opened X-fade Loop Synth as an effect (in an effect insert slot)
> rather than as an instrument?

With vst this is often a frustrating issue for plugin developers.
It may seem obvious that a soft-synth should be able
to accept audio input, and that an fx should be able to
respond to Midi notes.
However for some strange reason a lot of vst hosts treat
vst-fx and vsti as completely different categories and don't
support that...I've even witnessed a host developer
explaining it's unnecessary!

Possibly there's a fix in newer editions of hosts that allows
you to load a vst-fx into vsti slots and vice versa, so
anyone with persisting problems might look into an upgrade
as a possible solution.

andy butler