Re: octave shifter for winds

silvain, you should try it out first. the voiceworks is doing pitch
recognition. most machines of that kind fail in the upper register of
e.g. the flute and you will get some nasty sounding scramble instead of
a good pitch shift. any note higher than the human voice will be
problematic.
when i use the voice live with the flute, i play only in the lowest
octave, anything higher sounds bad.
if you are looking for good pitch shifting, check out the whammy
products of digitech, you can even whistle into them and have stable 2
oct up and down.

here is an example of voice live use with flute
(starts at min 01:53)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8bQb__jKg

here is an example of pitch shifting with a whammy including whistling
(starts at 1:41)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL0Px6my9yA

tilmann