Re: Windows 7

If I could find one person who said, "Yeah, I'm running Windows 7 and
a MOTU 828 with Live 8 and it works great" I think I would, but I
can't seem to find that person.  I guess I'm wondering if I want to be
that test subject and take on all the work that it might mean.  "Hey
Live tech support person, I can't get your software working right...
OS?  Er... WIndows 7 beta... Uh.  Yeah."

Can you see how that could go?

That said, I've spent quite a few hours and I basically have Live and
the MOTU drivers installed.  Awesome.  Live doesn't seem to see any
flavor of Amplitube or Mobius.  I've been told many times that Vista
was a giant pile of flaming poop, and so far it's lived up to it's
reputation.

I think I'll give it one more chance before I go ballistic. I've read
a few things about disabling UAC and moving your VST folder outside
the programs folder.  If I don't get it tonight, I'll give Win 7a go.

It's funny, my first inclination when Jeff ported Mobius to OSX was to
move back to my G5 for music, but since my time in XPlandia I've made
a few other friends.  One of them is called mDrummer.  Another
Jamstix.  Cool little VSTs that replicate how someone who's not a
drummer might communicate with a session drummer.  You can seed them
with a basic beat and they listen to you and react in real time.
There's nothing remotely like it (that I know of) for OSX.  I could go
back to crafting each beat myself, but I get limited time and I was
really loving the short amount of time I could go from nothing to a
full looped "piece" by using an AI helper for drums. I do like
programming drums, but I like playing guitar and keyboard (if you can
call my keyboard playing that!) a lot more.