OT: Thomas-Rasset vs. RIAA

Hi folks

I just read in disbelief:
"A federal jury Thursday found a 32-year-old Minnesota woman guilty of
illegally downloading music from the Internet and fined her $80,000 each
-- a total of $1.9 million -- for 24 songs."
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/18/minnesota.music.download.fine/

Ok, it was probably stupid of her to pretend she did not download
anything. But still - with 2Mio.$ there is something terribly wrong here...

In recent years, I kind of felt inclined to buy less and less major label
music. I often prefer to get music from people I know personally or I see
on gigs, most of them are not major label. There is a lot of Indie music
out there to keep me happy for quite a while.
It seems to me that major labels are forgetting one important thing: It's
supposed to be FUN to buy & listen your favorite music. But I don't enjoy
it so much anymore with all these stories...

I won't be reading any mails this week-end - still, felt like writing
this. Am I the only one who finds these news disturbing?

best regards
Buzap
--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss