Re: MY NEW TOY

thanks Andy,

but you did answer it really. It's funny but i recently compiled alot of
my
tunes  for release on Bandcamp. I realized that the best (meaning my
favorite) sounds were all direct into the board recordings. i have used
whatever amp/speaker modelers I had in whatever fx box I was using at the
time. All the newer stuff was done while wearing headphones in a quiet
apartment.
I arrange it so that my chain is distortion/fuzz into amp modelers
(currently Digitech RP 250  and or Korg AX 3000G) into modfx/delay/reverb
into loopers into sometimes more mangle fx into mixer. Not the best way
but
there ya go. i stay stereo from the outputs of the multi fx boxes. i
really
want a proper mixer so that i can feed more of everything into everything
else sort of :)
All that said i still believe that a good real amp cranked up sounds
better.
I just can't do that anymore in real life. I guess it come down to good
tone
being subjective. I am always looking for "the" sound. hmmm, maybe this?
http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/DBS/

And your right about Bill Walker! He has the "tone"!

First cup 'o coffee wearing off, gotta go get more!

best,

Jeff

Ad astra per alia porci - Steinbeck

http://jeffduke.org/