Re: ot.....mac question

My brother has a G4 desktop from "back in the day" and he did have a
bunch of issues with Flash.  He was able to upgrade to the latest OS
with it so you may be OK.  He said he's not really having any problems
with it, though I'm still on 10.4 on my G5.  Never felt the need to
move up from there.

Honestly, if you don't need a laptop or the latest-greatest I suggest
an old G5.  You can get one fairly cheap:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/sys/1249824286.html

and recently I put my new Core 2 Duo Quad up against my G5 and the 4
year old G5 was just as good at running Amplitube (pretty cpu greedy)
and a few other VSTis in Live 8.