Re: Oberheim Echoplex Footswitch Momentary Switch Replacement Parts?

Trevor Van Eyck wrote:

>    Hi all, I'm new to the list, so forgive me if this has been covered
> ad nauseam...
>
>    I just picked up a used Oberheim Echoplex unit (old White-face
> version with maxed memory and Loop IV Installed). I've finally got the
> unit working after resetting all the socketed IC's (it flickered and
> fluttered and powered up only intermittently at first). The Footswitch
> however has got faulty switches that need to be replaced (tried cleaning
> to no avail).
>
>    My Questions are as follows:
>
>    1) Has anyone got a source for the switches?

Depends where you are geographically.

Your local electronics shop should have something suitable.

for US
The footswitch part# is:

10PA005 at http://www.mouser.com

or

106112 at http://www.jameco.com

>    2) I'm wondering if anyone has tried to install something more heavy
> duty than those low-profile momentary switches that come stock on the
> unit? I was considering a big metal plunger style switch (something more
> like what you find on just about every other effects pedal in
> existence). I know such a switch in the "momentary" configuration must
> be available somewhere... Anyone else done a successful switch overhaul
> on one of these babies?

Most serious users use midi control.
Keep in mind that a big clunky switch will not
respond as fast, and this will mess with the timing of your
loops.

andy butler