RE: PrePrepared vs. Improvisational Live Looping Performances

I do think there is a BIG difference between the sort of "classical" music background and the "rock" "folk" thing. A classically trained musician, to me, "use" a composed piece a a starting point of interpretation (improvisation) it is the small variations that the musician "adds" to  the composition that makes it interesting. That might be the reason that classically trained musicians *tend* to do composed looping more interesting than folk/rock musicians (like me).
Many musicians with rock background really CANT compose intresting instrumental music, i can't, not yet at least!! We can write song, instrumntal sometimes, nut not usally with couter themes, development etc...
BUT some rockers/jazzers can imprivise and some times there as nuggets in those improvisation. And over time. like Andre LaFosse, you keep those nuggets and turn them into songs...
Still I do NOT usually like the approach that is like - first I do a fun beat, then add bass, some backing vocals, more rhytms, a guitar, sing verse......