updating a looperlative

Sorry - just incensed right now that updating this damn thing (that I
just received used) seems to require somewhat expert networking
knowledge. I'm getting absolutely nowhere on my mac g5. I simply
cannot upgrade the software.

I figure that there must be some looperlative users here, and some of
them must be mac users, and maybe there might be someone who can
actually help me. I was really looking to do this tonight, though I
suppose it isn't necessary, now it's become an obsessions. Obsessions
are ugly.

Thanks,
Gene