Re: PrePrepared vs. Improvisational

Thats the real school Mark,but i share your feelings,i dont know how many
gigs ive played in my life but there are a lot,you know when i started i
was a fuckin snob and would not talk to the audience and would criticise
them before critising myself,yes i also need glasses to see on stage,had
bad monitors just about my whole career as a musician (can somebody please
get it fuckin right?)ive messed up so many times on stage i could not even
tell you ,i produced a CD and the whole band turned against me because i
had a vision and did not have the comunication skills at the time to get
the concept across well enoguh so it was misinterpreted as an egoistical
project and lost a band because of it(yet i am playing with better
musicans now),sang the wrong lyrics or completly had a blackout and forgot
them on stage in front of an audience,realised that i forgot my mixer at
one of the most important and best paid gigs in switzerland after driving
4 hrs. away from
 home and had to tell my band with my tail between my legs about it and
had to beg my own organiser for help,had technical problems at the Y2k8 in
Cologne and Santa Cruz etc, etc etc ...
yes man, ive had my share of all of that and if you ask me what ive gained
from all of this... is too much to tell you and a lot more than if i had
never done it,but in a nut shell it teaches you to YES GENTLEMEN
improvise on the spot!
Yet as freightening as it might seem there is something really addictive
about it,but yes i agree it aint for every one,but if it is
go do it now!
cheers
Luis

 The truth is I've rarely