Re: ableton live

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Jean Philippe<jp.rykiel@orange.fr> wrote:
> I don't know if I told you but I'm blind. this prevents me from using a
> computer onstage because I would need to hear my screen reader speak
>while
> I'm performing. What a drag!
> But I was told that Live could be used with a MIDI controller without
>having
> to use the mouse and look at the screen at all. How true do you think
>this
> is?

I think it depends on what exactly you mean by "can be used". To
perform on stage I think a lot of music applications, not only Ableton
Live, can be set up to answer back to a couple of physical hardware
controllers. You simply define the functions you need and assign them
to whatever hardware is available to you. One option to check out is
the new APC40 that Akai built especially for Ableton Live. Here is a
link to a page with a video where a narrator explains it briefly:
http://www.ableton.com/touch

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se