OT - missing the third dimmension - not enough dsp power

Hi !

The music I make misses depth - or the third dimmension - so I use delay and reverbs to make this dimmension - but I am not happy with the sound I get and I dont have enough power to use the pluins like I wishes.

1. Is my AD-DA converters (Motu Traveler) not good enough? Would I get a better third dimmention just by switching to Agogee (16x AD-DA with big ben word clock). Many producers likes this better then Pro Tools converters (Behind the Glasses - Massey). Any thoughts on converters?

2. I Is my plugins inferior (Abletons and Sony Oxford)? The lack of power essential ? Or is hardware a must?

3. I lack the power to use my plugins like I wishes. Any thoughts on how to get this without buying a new computer? Is Tc power core a good solution? and can I use Tc powercore  (firewire) together with Apogee Symphony Mobile (expresscard connection)?

Am I fooled by commersals or would buying Apogee Symphony converters and Tc power core get me the third dimmension, by getting good converters and enough dsp power for my plugins?

best regards Rune Fagereng

Alt i ett. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og notisblokk.