Re: OT: Macbook Pro weird internal speaker fix

I'll agree with you there.  The MacBooks are a definite step down in
quality from the old Powerbooks and probably from the new MacBook Pros
as well.  I guess Apple had to make sacrifices to hit that price
point.  It's one of the reasons I ended up with a Toshiba laptop.  Not
that it's amazing or anything but at the lower price point there's not
much of a difference and with the addition of having to buy XP so I
could run Mobius (at the time there was no Mac port) it ended up
looking like a drop in quality from the Pros and a higher overall
cost.

The Macbook we have is doing well, but it's my wife's and doesn't get
much wear and tear.  I think that's what it was designed to be: cute,
easy to use but not a serious computer for someone who's using it for
live music.