Re: Guitar to Midi Converter

I spent years using Roland and Yamaha based MIDI guitar solutions with
limited success. The best thing I ever played with (but never owned)
was the Roland VG8, but that's not "MIDI" but instead uses the hex
pickup's output as something to put effects on (mostly amp models) and
not to trigger a synth.

Anyway, it always just felt to me like someone nagging me to sit up
straight and stop mumbling.  What if slouchy mumbling is my style? ;)
In the end I found that with a small amount of practice I was able to
get around on the keyboard in a fashion that actually worked better
than any guitar to midi solution. I didn't take to it right away
though, it was only after I played with a Novation controller that
actually had nice feeling aftertouch built in that I really took to
it.  Now I can't imagine using anything else.