Re: OT: What's on your iPod/CDplayer/Turntable

Rick Wrote,

On Jul 21, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Rick Walker wrote:

> I'm just loving a few things that I'm listening to right now
> and not only wanted to share them with you all but wanted
> to know what people are currently listening to.

> What are you guys and gals listening too?

Right this very minute: Bill Frisell - "Disfarmer" (my copy just
arrived today)

In the car coming home: Ali Farka Touré & Toumani Diabeté - "In The
Heart Of The Moon"

At work all day (via iTunes), lots of random selections in the "world
mucic" genre from:

Salif Keita _"Mouffu"

Sierra Leone's Refugee All-Stars "Living Like a Refugee"

Ali Farka Touré & Ry Cooder: Talking Timbuktu

Kronos Quartet: "Pieces of Africa"

Jean-Luc Ponty: "Tchokola"

Choying Drolma And Steve Tibbetts - "Chö"

Various artists - Nordic Roots, Volumes 1, 2 & 3

Knut Hamre & Steve Tibbets - "Å"

Melanesian Choirs - The Blessed Islands (Chants from The Thin Red Line)

Jon Hassell - "Power Spot"

Sigur Ros - "Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust

It's sort of funny . . .

I just recently noticed on several of these CDs that the name of list
member, Jean-Philippe Rykiel, turns up quite a few times in the
musical "personnel" in this genre.

And that was just the 8 hours I was at work today . . .

The day before it was a Leo Kottke, Roy Buchanan and Eivind Aarset
fest (you can't say I don't have broad tastes).

Cheers,

Ted