Re: New USB powered MIDI foot controller for Mac

Wight is an important factor if you fly with the gear, but unfortunately Apogee doesn't give out the weight on the web site. But the size is well within the cabin bag size norm. I like the USB power option, since I already have too many gadgets that needs fresh batteries or to remember to bring an extra power adapter. My only concern is that it is too restricted for playing keybords by feet, as I do to create chord/key changes in livelooping. So for me this pedal needs to go together with another one, like the Behringer or the Gordious.

Here's one idea I have how to make the Apogee "better" for livelooping: Cut off the expr pedals from an FCB 1010 and use only the kick pads together with this Apogee. You may use an analog expr pedel or simply connect that voltage through to a knob on your guitar. That can  easily be done with a stereo cable. This means you can put away the laptop on stage, somewhere way back safe, and put the pedal board up front at stage where you also plug in the guitar.

per