Re: More Tonal Theory: Arppegiators/Accent/Melody

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Raul Bonell<raul.bonell@gmail.com> wrote:
> this combination +4,+7,+11 results in a 7th Major chord. bossa?? ...

Yes, if the harmonizers are routed in parallel (the sharp 7th, not the
flat - like we use to type it "Xmaj7"). If routed as a chain though,
wow... then we're talking some fat cluster like blob here.... Except
for all the doubles I see a tritonus added (7+11), then a minor third
in the octave above the major third (4+11).

Actually, I take back the comment about "blob" because when I'm
playing that chord on my guitar here right now it sounds pretty neat.
Wide, fat and shimmering of many overtones.

Per