Re: More Tonal Theory: Arppegiators/Accent/Melody

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Buzap Buzap<buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> Another scale I like - never seen it anywhere so far- is maj3rd/halftone
>scale:
> C E F A Bb D Eb G Ab C Db ...
>
> This is a quite interesting scale because it's progressing in the circle
>of fourths. It is not an octave based scale. Yet, you can play this scale
>up & down from various positions.
>
> Has anyone ever tried this / heard anyone using this ???

I usually don't like playing that one over a too long span - like more
than an octave - but have been using parts of it and like the
half-steps. Of course the use of it depends on harmonization and what
other musical parts are playing for you to adapt to. As for solo
melody playing with no harmonizing accompany it sounds cool because it
plays jokes with the experienced tonal center.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com