Re: OT: Max/MSP help

Ricky Graham schrieb:
> I'm hoping those of you who use Max might be able to advise me.
>
> I'm looking for advice on the best filter objects, externals that might
> be out there. Which are the most accurate in your own experience?

All the filter objects which come with max are clean and ok. I use
usually simple biquad~ or cascade~ with a filtergraph~ and its "analog
flavor" box checked.

These filters do not distort. If you are after a moog filter sound for
example, I would just take a vst which emulates your favorite analog
distorting filter and load it into a vst~ object...

If you need higher order filters, check out the java class from Volker
Böhm, which calculates the parameters for cascade~ to simulate a
chebychev filter. He also has direct filter externals in his collection
to achieve that...
(maxobjects.com is a good place to search for externals...)

Hope this helps...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--