OT Re: in ear MICRO-phones, binaural audio (was: toys for non-musicians)

hi Raul,
Yep, it's a pity about the pre-amps on the H2.
Actually, the onboard mics don't have that problem,
so I wonder where the quality loss comes in.
You could always hack a couple of connections into the H2
so that your capsules would connect into the circuit
at the point where the Zoom capsules do now.
With an external pre-amp, you'd be relying on the quality
of the Zoom line-In anyway.

If you go the DIY pre-amp route, why not use a dedicated
pre-amp chip like SSM2017 (or whatever replaces that these days).
Simple circuits on the datasheet for the chip.

andy