OT: artist branding...how do you figure out how you want to present yourself?

This is related to my other post about websites...

I've never been a terribly visually-oriented person. but now I need to figure out how I am going to present my self to the world. The starting point is photos. What will I wear? Where will I be? Etc? Taking this to the website, what colors are on the site? What icons are used for navigation? Etc?

For me the obvious answer is I need to by myself, but I need to amplify who I am, to be larger than life while still being authentically me. But that's not so easily done!

If anyone has gone through some kind of process of personal identification/branding process that they would like to share, I'd love to hear about it.

-George

http://www.myspace.com/georgeludwigmusic