Re: OT Re: in ear MICRO-phones, binaural audio Zoom H2

Raul Bonell wrote:
> 2009/7/30, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>:
>> hi Raul,
>> Yep, it's a pity about the pre-amps on the H2.
>> Actually, the onboard mics don't have that problem,
>> so I wonder where the quality loss comes in.
>

>> If you go the DIY pre-amp route, why not use a dedicated
>> pre-amp chip like SSM2017 (or whatever replaces that these days).
>> Simple circuits on the datasheet for the chip.
>
> electronics nerd here. do you mean replacing the preamp chip that
> drives the actual plugin power input on the h2 by the SSM2017?.

I hadn't thought of that
...gain 5 nerd points :-)

Don't know if it would work, perhaps the H2 voltage is too low,
or not enough current.

an external pre isn't hard to make

> i've found this site in the u.k., but they seem to sold all their
> preamps out! although a new model is on the owen....
>
> http://www.felmicamps.co.uk/products/felbattpreamp.html

well, remember the H2 line input is -10dB with absolutely
no headroom.
I use a 20dB pad with mine for line recording.

andy