Re: Review: Jomox T-Resonator "Time Woven Filter Matrix"

Rainer Straschill wrote:
> Some time ago, when I asked here about odd kind of stompboxes, Andy
> Butler pointed me toward the Jomox T-Resonator. Now that I finally had
> time to test drive it some, here's a first review.

thanks Rainer,
great info

> WHAT IS IT:
>
> A black table-top-style box with wallwart power supply, a lot of
> dials, a few LEDs and one pushbutton. As for the signal path, the
> stereo device offers two identical paths consisting of a simple
> digital effect, followed by a 24dB lowpass filter.

...but isn't a Moog type analog filter?
If you're familiar with the Moog, how do they compare.

> Now that alone wouldn't get anyone interested, so Jomox added feedback
> and modulation capabilities. As for feedback, there is a total of
> three feedback chains, each available with positive and negative
> phase.

The thing with the feedback is that on the demos the guys just
let it run amok all the time.

A moog filter can oscillate with a lovely delicate silvery tone,
as long as resonance is tweaked carefully.
Can the T-Res manage that?

Another thing from the demos, was that guitar sounds gave
me more the impression of guitar *plus* weirdness, rather
than the guitar *becoming* weirdness such as I like to
get from my Vortex.
If that makes sense, would you be able to comment?

thanks again

andy