Re: Boss looper contest in Germany

You people were funny at first but now your guffaws of snobbery and
elitist technocratic behaviour are really starting to take their toll...I
mean what are "we" about here....does it have anything to do with making
music?  I am starting to wonder...I guess it has become unfashionable
among the "Technocrati" to loop with a BOSS pedal...hmmmmm

looping is just a means to an end!...or is it just a means to an end in
itself?..if that is the case then you can just go on and loop yourselves
into a frenzy until you become dizzy with your own self indulgent
misery...I mean really!...This loop competition is a good thing...why not?
 Take it or leave it....so what if BOSS is sponsoring it?....they make
very inexpensive loopers, so why shouldn't they have a boss loop
competition festival?  IF you want to be such a rebel then bring your
looperlative or your echoplex to the competition....that is if they even
decide to invite you.

As far as I can tell there isn't too much of a general difference between
most loopers....except for this quasi-mystical time stretching function
that some of the more expensive ones have...and some finer details that
may or may not make a difference depending on your set-up...

Not everyone can afford these more expensive "better" models.  Hell, yes I
wish I could buy myself a LOOPERLATIVE right now....but I can't, so I'll
have to stick with my dinky little RC-50 toy until then...

The BOSS pedals are great pedals for players at all levels....

Also, if you don't like the drum loops on the Boss pedal, you can actually
replace them with your own sounds etc...

So in summary...I would appreciate if people were not so quick to jump on
the slander bandwagon and start spreading more love and less of this
cynical technocratic talk please...music is supposed to move people and
that can be done with the tapping of a stick on wood....and does not
require the higher echelons of technology to do it....

check your head.

;-)
Akim