Re: anti-looper bigots

Oh man, I used to get crap all the time.  I have to admit I'd kind of
invite it though, but creating some crazy complex loop and then
putting down my guitar and walking away to sit in the audience for a
bit.  Someone would always say, "Wait, you're not playing that?!" and
I'd reply, "well not any more I'm not."

Tons of times I get people coming right up to me and starting
conversations because they think I'd DJing it or something.  This is
even pre laptop.  Usually nerdy guys who want to talk about what gear
I'm using.

Not quite looping (though he used a looper) my friend Gary used to
feed samples from a laptop into a JamMan.  During a performance at a
sculpture space a woman came up to him and mid performance loudly
said, "Oh is this all prerecorded?!"  He politely tried to respond,
but I think I yelled back at her and made her go away. She called me
rude, but I invited her to consider what's ruder, being chased away
from performers or pestering performers during a performance. Funny.