FX Tempo: Tapping vs. Sync to Loop Tempo

Hi folks

I had the impresion that most of you guys like to automatically sync your
effects to your loop tempo.
Personally, I prefer having a seperate tap tempo pedal and to play around
with fx tempo, i.e. creating delays in triplets etc.

Obviously, if you have loops with different tempi that you switch back and
fro, I guess it could be nice to have synced FX. But I hardly use it that
way.

Maybe I'm missing out on some basic idea? Just wanted to hear your opinion
on this.

best regards
Buzap