Re: Samples and looping

Yeah, Per, I agree on the legal implementation thing and that Creative Commons seems as a way to go.

I would however point out that before the 20-th century copyright did not
exist. As an economical idea it appeared at the end of the 19th century. That
means that you can be a composer and yet not have any copyrights.

Not all composers do shows, but today the work of a composer is needed as never
before - music for tv, movies, games, presentations, radio, events - all of that is well
paid. I have several game composers who are my friends. They live on these one time pays.
The pays are substantial if they are writing a soundtrack for a game. That allows them to
live fine. All the rights to their music they give away to the game company.

So copyright might be implemented well - it has to be much shorter and its restrictions should
restrict only very specific uses of a work.

I actually enjoy Richard Stallman's ideas on copyright. If anyone's interested, you can see a video
here (it is in 12 parts, about 40 minutes long):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mUhTwmUQt4&feature=channel_page

Cheers!

Louigi.