OT: Video from recent JDRF walk in NY but does have looping

This may be of interest to some and is mostly OT, I think someone on the list works for Meditronics, a manufacturer of diabetic pumps and some of you may be diabetic or have people in your lives who are. In my case as some know, my daughter is Type 1.

We participated this fall (Sun Oct 4) as we do each year in the fall NYC Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for the Cure as well as do an extensive fundraising to raise support for the organization.

During our walk yesterday morning, I photographed and put together a short video POP.  The music is partly looping and has an interesting parallel.  I've been recording a series of improvisational pieces via NinJam with Swedish musician Peter Thorn who I know through the Unfretted community.  Peter is also diabetic.  We are putting together a body of work that will be titled Sharps with a release planned this month.  Proceeds from any sales on the recording will go to benefit JDRF.  Most of the record is live real time improvisation though I am subtly using Mobius on some of it.  The 2nd piece on the video is done in Mobius looping my violin.

It's posted on Vimeo at http://www.vimeo.com/6911410

and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu2wVCDX8f4

Btw our campaign is still open through end of the month.  If you might be interested in donating to JDRF here is info.  Though the walk has passed the drive goes through end of the month, we have raised $4,670 thus far.

Jim

--
ReUse, an introspective textural aural
www.myspace.com/CtReUse