RE: AW: Alesis Multimix 8 Line. 1u mixer for looping.

> Further to this 1U discussion, has anyone tried the

> Motu Traveller as a loopers mixer?

I have an UltraLite which is basically just a smaller Traveler.  I

think it's fine as a loopers mixer, though it's expensive if all

you want is a mixer and don't intend to use it as a computer

audio interface.

It has a very flexible bus architecture, the typical looping

configuration for me is routing a collection of inputs into the

computer to feed the looper, direct "zero latency" monitoring of those

inputs to the main out, then routing the output of the looper to the

main outs without duplicating the inputs.  Hope that makes sense, it

is similar to what you would do with the Mute/Alt bus on a Mackie

mixer if that helps.

You can configure a pair of inputs and outputs for use as a stereo aux

send/return among other things.

You can do all this from the front panel without a computer but it's a

bit tedious.  Their software control panel CueMix is much easier.

The mic pres are fine for me but I'm not that demanding.

I also have the Rolls which I think was mentioned in this thread.

I use it as a summing mixer to get all my various studio toys down

into a stereo signal to feed to the computer.  My only complaint

is that the aux send is mono with a stereo return, I would prefer

a stereo send for the looper.

Jeff