Re: Does this effect exist?

Minus the seamless part, this is basically a hold effect with output
muted until one starts holding. You basically need the footswitch to
go from in = 100%, out = 0%, feedback = 0% to in = 0%, out =100%,
feedback = 100% with thru = 100% all the time. Seamless makes this
harder because just grabbing the last block of time and looping it
will rarely be seamless and you will want some crossfading.

I often play with a delay synced to my looper set to 0% feedback so
that I get one repeat. I'll then occasionally kick it over into hold.
It would be interesting to be able to do this with the output level
muted until I kick it into hold. I'll have to see whether I can set up
the Looperlative to do this in a way that's convenient to play (though
I really need to do resolve my controller choice issues first since
the four programmable buttons on the front are clearly insufficient
and inconvenient).

Of course, what I really want when doing this sort of thing is an
ability to kick into hold and then scroll an EDP-style window around
until I get the right range of the loop. I'll find right now that I'm
sometimes a little too slow in deciding "I should keep that". Even
just buffering one or two cycles back would be enough to make that
work and to provide material for smoothing the loop boundary.

Mark