Re: Oberheim Echoplex question

James Richmond wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I am back after a long absence (around 3 years).
>
> I am working with the Gibson Echoplex these days and wondering if I can
> do something.
> I have a footpedal with it but i sometimes want to use a guitar mounted
> switch (momentary) to control the 'insert' switch.
> I want to be able to do extremely fast granular synth style noises and a
> finger is more responsive than a foot.
>
> I am wondering if I could build a switch with a 4.75 kOhm resistor in
> series and have that connected to the echoplex at the same time as the
> foot pedal (with a custom Y cable).
> Is this going to work?

Yes, that should work.

> Lastly,
>
> Do I have any chance of finding ram expansion for an original Lexicon
> Jamman?

http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/jamman/jamman_memory.html

I found this by googling one of the part nos from the JamMan manual,

http://store.americanmicrosemiconductor.com/mcm54400az-70.html

there are several other part nos to try if that doesn't work out.

the 70 at the end of  part number (afaik) means 70nS,
and this denotes how fast the chip can be accessed.
Apparently what's needed is 100nS or faster....and
for luckily 70 is faster than 100.

Good luck, I upgraded mine over a decade and a half ago.

andy butler
(just about to slip the old jamman back into my rig
  for additional loops)