Re: Apogee Duet

> Throwing another option into the mix, does anyone have experience with
> Mackie's Firewire interfaces?

Hi Mark

I love my Mackie Onyx mixer and the FW interface is ok, quite happy with
latency.
However there are two major drawbacks for me:
1. An input signal at very high level results in very low signal strength
in the computer DAW. Even with max. volume on FW interface, I get ca. 20%
volume in computer when I have 100% volume input signal strength.
2. The output signal level coming from the computer is insanely high. You
cannot balance control the signal level (computer vs. mixer). So, let's
say I'm listening to a CD on my mixer, when my computer starts playing
music via Firwire, it just blows off my ears.

These are quite subjective impressions - esp. focused on Mackie Firwire
along with Mackie Mixer - , so feel free to google reviews.

best regards
Buzap
--
Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5
-