Re: zen for beginners

On Nov 24, 2009, at 6:09 PM, Tony K wrote:

I read Zen and the Art of Archery when I was around that age.  Quite good.

And, there are also the classic "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" and the later "follow up" book "Zen and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance".
I read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" years ago and thought it was great. However, it is not "officially" a "Zen"  book, but still great reading, nonetheless.
I never read "Zen and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance" and there is also another book with a very similar title called "Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance"
which I would not personally be drawn to reading, especially after reading a synopsis of it. But, that's just me. :-)

Best wishes,
Rev. Fever
Portland,OR