Re: OT: New MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid

Sjaak Overgaauw wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM, van Sinn <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk>
>wrote:
>
>>Sorry about cont. being OT, but do I have the correct observation that
>>obtaining the manual has to cost $20?  (+ having to create a login)
>

> I only have a hard copy, I don't think Motu offers free PDF manuals.
> If there is anything you want to know, just ask ok? :)

Actually, there is:

Basically, what it has to offer, which normal soundcards don't have:

Since it can be operated standalone, setups might be stored and MIDI
controlled, i.e. as presets, but I guess that's too much to ask for..

The reason is of course that with build-in mixer, EQ and reverb, this
would allow hooking up two preamps, mixing them, and apply EQ + reverb,
all without the need for an additional mixer.
And of course, having a sound card in the rig is pretty neat too :)

I understand it can also provide 7.5VDC on all outputs, and wanted to
know if this is a controlable continuously variable voltage, or a
zero/or/7.5v, i.e. 'on/off' voltage?  AFAIK, it's 0-7.5 volts.

--
rgds,
van Sinn