Re: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video?

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:57 AM, doc rossi <docittern@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's hilarious
>
> On Dec 13, 2009, at 11:27 PM, Zoe Keating wrote:
///
>> "this lady, Zo" (she mispronounced my name) ...."will play you some
>> beautiful cello music just as soon as she's finished checking her email"
>>
>> I almost walked off!

I was in a quartet that got booked to play before a big handball cup
and we were advised to set up instruments on the floor right in the
playing field. What the sports cup admin had not thought about was
that the handball players were to come in and "warm up" their goal
keepers during our concert. As usual at handball warm-ups they use
many dozen of balls and the awesome goal keepers punched them off
these balls came raining over us and the instruments. We had to stop
playing immediately and save our gear starting with the most expensive
stuff.

Another time I played with a seven piece band by an indoors swimming
pool for a swimming audience. The slap-back echo in there was badder
than a 1962 German Sci-Fi, causing severe musical timing
deterioration... YOu had to watch your band mates hands-on-instruments
closely to be able to tell original playing from the echo. I felt
sorry for the poor bastards in the water; an armada of floating heads
with ruined haircuts. When someone panicked and followed the healthy
impulse to cover ears with hands the act just made that head dip down
under the water only to come back for a new chock when listening the
noise through ears filled with gulping water. In this situation of
outstanding comic potential NO ONE WAS LAUGHING! ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com