re: OREGON loopers

The Rev. Fever suggested:
"Also, what about the possibility of a large, improv jam with as many
fest members as possible (or that the board would accommodate? Or...?)
that wanted to participate  as the "closing act" for such a fest? It
might produce interesting, on the fly, musical results, or it could also
turn into a huge wall of noise and sound, which might also be interesting
."

For what it's worth,  this has often been suggested at the many
festivals that I've organized (all multiple artist festivals)
and usually the answer is that it's logistically impossible if there
have been a lot of musicians on during the festival
because gear has to be removed continually to accomodate new musicians
playing.

It has worked in venues where everyone was able to fit on stage.

As an example,  at the Koln Festival that Michael Peter's organized last
summer,   we were able to set 9 or 10 musicians up simultaneously on
stage but the problem then is getting them all into the snake, unless
you have a really monstrous board which allows
one to just mute and later unmute channels after people have played.

This was done really wonderfully in Firenze by Massimo Liverani and the
end jam results are actually on youtube as we speak.
Unfortuantely, I was sick as a dog that evening (went into the hospital
the next day) so I can't remember all that much of that jam
other than what got posted, online.

good luck, though, folks.   I wish I could come up and perform with you
all.   I've still never done a
Pacific Northwest or an Atlantic Northeast live looping tour and I feel
remiss.

Happy New Years!
Rick Walker