Re: videos and music and music sales

I've never worked with video, but I sometimes do story telling as a
way of setting the stage for people.

I've spent many years thinking about this in all sorts of different
settings and my conclusion is this. People have never been taught to
listen to instrumental music. If it doesn't have words or images or
some other key to tell them exactly what to envision; they are lost
because few people have any imagination of their own. I was with an
artist friend not to long ago at a gallery opening and was astonished
to hear some woman ask the artist, "what am I supposed to see here,
what do you want me to feel?"

I tend to think that as more and more schools have dropped the arts
from their curriculums we see more and more people that just don't
understand, or worse are totally bewildered by the arts.

Paul Haslem
www.dulcify.ca
Ontario, Canada