Re: bidule...

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:12 AM, james fowler <twostroke@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...is awesome.
>
> that is all.  just very excited, which is rare.
>
> - jim

Yes, I love it too! I built a nice laptop looping rig in Bidule that I
have been using for a couple of years under both Windows XP and Mac OS
X. Then Apple released almost the same thing in Mainstage. Except for
the bang for buck you get by all those lovely Apple Logic plugins
Bidule still offers the user better tools to customize his rig. One
example is that in Bidule you can set a truly listening "reverb tail
preservation" function to smooth out switching between patches of
effect chains. While you go ahead playing through the next patch's
effect chain Bidule keeps listening to the audio output of the
previous patch and keeps it open until its decay goes silent, before
closing it (and completely taking the load off the CPU). In Mainstage
the old patches can only be set to stay active for a fixed length of
time and when this time runs out the audio is brutally snipped, no
matter if there is still a reverb sounding.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com