Re: Ditching the computer...

That is a good point, Luis, and is one of the many reasons for my
decision.
Over the years I have now seen hundreds of musicians making music with the
computer, and I can confidently say that 95% of them spent most of their
time staring at the computer and pushing buttons.  It started to feel very
inhuman and impersonal to me after a while especially when being on the
performance side.  Not only did I feel detached from the audience, but
detached from who I was playing with. Music performance has always seemed
like a very "human" and social thing for in the past. The computer seems
have changed that, and not just with music.  It's like now, rather than
people picking up the phone and talking to someone, or dropping by their
house for coffee, they send then an IM.  Technology, in some respects, is
detaching us from each other, but bringing us closer in other respects.
It's sort of ironic.   There is something to be said of playing an
instrument with others, and being able to confront them, look them in the
eyes, engage them, etc.  It creates a spark of social interaction.  Anway,
am only speaking for myself, but for now I just want to hug my big archop
guitar and play music with others without computer screen and MIDI
controllers getting in the way.

Kris