Re: Brian Eno about recorded music

hi-

Very good points Tyler!
and certainly a much more positive way of seeing the current state of the music business.Actually i consider myself lucky that i got to record CDs at a time when i didnt have to be with a label and did everything independently and came out debt free without owing a single penny to anyone.
thanx also for the emusic tip,i would also be interested in knowing which label you are working with.

hehe, well believe me, there are plenty of times when i get pretty depressed about the state of things. every release i've done for the past 5 years (and i'm sure this has happened to most everyone on this list) is on the russian pirate sites in a matter of hours....which is a drag. but i do try to stay positive. after all, when the technology tide turns, you'd better keep up or plan to be washed away.

and you should definitely check out emusic. it's like crack, i'm telling you. i'm on the "50 downloads per month for 20$" plan, and believe me, i'm usually twitching towards the end of the month, waiting for the refill. BUT, i tell myself that it's better to wait so that i can spend more time letting last months purchases make an impact. i try to keep my consumption to things that will get listened to again and again, though obviously not every record can sink it's teeth that deep. i'm pretty critical about music.

my labels are metropolis records (US) and dependent records (EU). both are excellent labels to work with, and i have no complaints.

- tyler / informatik

- www.nymphomatik.com