Re: Bass players - what's a good stomp pedal for FAT tone?

I will concede that you clearly know a lot more about circuit design
and the work that goes into than me and I am aware that this probably
isn't the place for this discussion.

Two points I would add before concluding are; please stop using the
term stealing and theivery (the reason I initially responded at all)
as simply put, it is not the case and I resent the implication. Also
the analogy presented below is an extreme strech, "manufacturing,
styling, distributing, marketing and maintaining" someone building a
clone at home does not involve any of this and when you download a
song you get the artists work in it's entirity, you get their
performance and every nuance that went into producing it. I would
argue that building a clone is more the equivalent of recording a
cover version in your bedroom for your own listening pleasure. That is
why download a song is illegal and can very much be described as
stealing and cloning a fuzz pedal is not.

Anyway, I have never built a clone of a pedal zvex or otherwise as I
don't have the time nor inclination but I would personally not
discourage others from doing so. I apologise if this is a sore point
with you and now that I know that I concede in future not to recommend
such things on this list and/or point people in the direction of
information to help them do it.

Cheers,

Mark.