Re: Goodbye RC-50, Hello Rang III

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
> The one thing I love about using Mainstage/Mobius is that the loops sync
>to effects.
> I wish this rig could do that, but maybe someday.

You can do that! Just put a "fx only laptop" besides the 'rang. I
assume you are in for doing the sync the opposite way now; instead of
"syncing loops to effects" you now want to sync effects to loops -
since loops being delivered by the 'rang. No sync needed for this to
work, just making sure the same tempo is running in Mainstage that
hosts your effects. And this is how to efficiently set the temp of
Mainstage by ear/foot:

Open a Loopback plugin i Mainstage and set it to "Sync=OFF" and "Set
Concert Tempo After First Take". Then assign a MIDI pedal to
Loopback's "Record" button/parameter. You don't even need to loop
audio into Loopback, it will work as an on-the-fly-tempo-snagger that
is much, much better then the lousy "tap tempo" function.

1. Make a loop on the Bumerang.
2. Kick the Mainstage Loopback Record pedal.
3. Kick the Mainstage Loopback Record pedal again two bars later.

That's it! Now you have the same tempo for your Mainstage effects as
your 'rang is spinning.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se