Re: tmj- tinnitus

Rick your story is interesting as I battle with it a bit  if you saw my details.  Caffeine pull back is interesting as I consume a lot (4 to 5 straight ice black teas a day) - interesting that limit helped.  I've heard some possibilities about acupuncture.  It does not plague me as it did though after playing violin for awhile I'll start to get the breakup in my right ear so I sometimes plug that ear with tissue paper which baffles it.  I do that most of the time if going to a loud event or here in NY the constant drone of the subway I'm generally seen plugging my fingers in my ears as the trains come into the station.  I occasionally play in the system so the noise is a concern.  My dad was an avid hunter and after years of the shotgun blast going off it took his toll on his hearing.  Anyhow it is a 'drag' condition that fortunately has not worsened in any way but can be an annoyance.  Thankfully no one seems to verbalized having the issues that have taken their toll like Pete Townsend.

Jim