Re: OT Which Desert Island Stomp Box

Rainer sprach:
"The value of your time (and this includes your spare time) increases as your earnings increase. If you're making $5 an hour, then a three-hour trip to the music store costs you $15. If you're making §400/hour to fill your fat wallet, then that same trip suddenly costs you $1200 (and if you're not earning money at all and plundering the welfare system, like the relative majority of people in Germany, then it costs you nothing, but you would most probably not go anyway because you're too lazy, but I digress).

The solution for this? Hire somebody who has more expertise than you (so he might find those pedals in only 1.5h) and/or makes less money (so he will be happy if you pay him $50 per hour), try to explain to him what you're looking for, and suddenly you've saved yourself $1125. It's called "consulting".

I would tend to agree with that point and I know just the guy.....ME!!!!:-)

This is really wide open territory obviously and I would want more  details, must they all be battery op?  or will his desert island include a solar panel array or wind turbine? also by limiting his size of pedals he really is limiting himself from a whole world of great boxes with a bigger footprint from  Eventide,  line 6 , etc.. that said here goes..

*DISTORTION/FUZZOVERDRIVE/FEEDBACK/SUSTAIN:*
sounds like the Zendrive would be too tame, I'd suggest, if money is no object, the Tone Candy Red Hot which is more of a true distortion box,  but if he want's a great overdrive  the Tone Candy sweet drive is like the Zendrive with slightly better low end. Both are more easy to obtain than a Zendrive as they are available in stores like Union grove Music. Any of the Keeley modded boss pedals are worth checking out, I had a modded Blues driver which was good but I here the modded DS-1's are better and maybe more what he's after distortion-wise.

*CHORUS*
TC chorus flanger kill two birds with one stone , no battery option  though, has its own power cable. Boss CE-2

*FLANGER*
see above  or MXR micro flanger
*
PHASER*
mxr phase 90

*COMPRESSOR*
That would be the keeley but I'm also enamored of the pigtronix  philosophers tone  and the carl martin comp/limiter which has its own ac chord as well
*
DIGITAL DELAY*
Boss DD-7 is hard to beat for features and compact size, can use an expression pedal to control parameters, has tap tempo, lots of delay time. and a nice analog sim. New digitech hardwire delay is also nice as is the TC nova delay
*
ANALOGUE DELAY*
MXR carbon copy ,velly velly nice. Wage huge aqua pussy also nice but larger box shorter delay times
*
PITCH SHIFTER*
Boss P-5 Intelli-shifter, about the only small intelligent pitch shifter going, the micro POG is great for parallel harmonies and non diatonic stuff.

*TREMELO
Fulltone tremolo is very nice with a half/full speed switch.  Boss trem is decent

*WAH WAH*

 fulltone,  buddah, RMC, The new Vox satriani is excellent  , several from dunlop like the Bradshaw designed CAE wah and a gajillion artist models.,  too many to choose from, I'm a bit over wah wah myself

Bill