Re: Firewire interface recommendations

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Dean, Hal <HDean@wcupa.edu> wrote:
> As for MOTU, I have to say that I got a bad taste in my mouth about them
>when I had an 828 for about 2 weeks and it was a monstrous pain with poor
>sound. I returned it to Sweetwater
> and got the Layla. At the time there was a lot of chatter online about
>pros and cons of the 828.  All that said, I will indeed look into the
>Ultra Lite, sonce MOTU get high marks usually, and
> this is years later with a different computer.

Hal,
I choose the Motu Ultralight because of its portability and the rich
feature set. I have used it for more than a year now with Logic 9 and
Mainstage 2. It's very stable, no hickups. Regarding its sound, really
good I would say considering the concept of the Ultralite.
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/