Re: Firewire interface recommendations

Sjaak Overgaauw schrieb:
> rhythmically, a buffer size of 128 is ok, 256 is my limit. What also
> helps to get used to latency is to play on stage monitors not to close
> to you. I don't know the exact numbers but 1 meter equals to x ms
> latency. It's a good training too when you have to prepare for a live
> gig.

Good, point, and it also works the other way round (if we assume a speed
of sound of 300m/s, then 1m equals 3.3ms) - if you replace the monitors
which are 4m away from you with in-ears, then you've already saved more
than 13ms of latency which you've most probably gotten used to anyway -
and which you can invest in larger buffers ;)

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs